What steps can you take to zero waste lifestyle? How can you waste less? If you agree that plastic pollution is out of control and is affecting life on our planet, you could start using a range of zero waste products.
These reusable, eco-friendly products and lifestyle choices will help reduce the amount of plastic you use.
Carry a reusable water bottle
Plan your meals and buy as little or as much as you can eat
There are fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes at your fingertips, so you can enjoy stress-free home cooking. Meal Planning helps you waste less food. You could always ask me if you need help.
Have your own coffee cup when you leave home
Replace plastic with sustainable straws and toothbrush bamboo where possible
Shop till you drop but bring your own shopping bag
Refill your own jars and containers
Make food from scratch:
Make almond milk in 5 easy steps
1 cup of almonds + 2 cups of water
- Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with about 2cm of water and let the almonds soak overnight. The longer the almonds soak, the creamier the almond milk.
- Drain the almonds and rinse them thoroughly under cool running water
- Once you combine the almonds with 2 cups of water in the blender pulse in a few times to break down the almonds into a very fine meal and become white and opaque.
- To extract as much almond milk as possible, strain the almond milk through a nut milk bag. Seal and store the container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Left over almond pulp could be used for humus, crackers, cookies, oatmeal, hummus, homemade granola, smoothies, cookie or freeze it.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
During any season, snack and salads are nutritious and crazy delicious! I love making a quick guacamole mixing crushed avocado with salt, pepper, turmeric and good quality olive oil (and a squeeze of lime if you have one at hand). Then, cube the tomato and mix it in.
Ask Danna about Snacks and Salads and even home made food delivered to your door!